Friday, June 22, 2007

Spicoli/Edwards in '08


Edwards likes to party. Since I sent him my tirade and its accompanying questions, last week, he has twice invited me to a party. Technically, I guess, Ben Brandzel is the one who invited me to the party. He’s the one who’s letter was mass-mailed to everyone who ever e-mailed the Edwards campaign for any reason. He works for John, but there’s no telling in what capacity. See what you can make of his signature:

--Ben Brandzel,
John Edwards for President
Friday, June 22, 2007

Whoever it was that actually invited me to this party tells me that John Edwards will be there in person, if you consider a digital representation of John, transmitted over the internet, ‘in person’. There’s talk that, ‘…we'll even get to talk live to John to ask questions and hear the latest from the road.’

Since I can’t seem to get him to answer any questions by e-mail (even though my e-mailing him questions has given him time to answer the questions at his leisure), I’m going to go to this party and see if I can’t get something out of him. I figure, I’ll start with an amusing road anecdote of my own. Then, when I’ve established that rambling-man kinship with him, I’ll ask him something like:

If Jesus were a credit card, what would his interest rate be and is it just a promotional, introductory rate that he’ll jack way up later?