Friday, June 22, 2007

Dodd campaign f#%ks w/ people.


Maybe 'shortly' means something different inside the beltway than it does here in America, but I was expecting a little more out of Chris Dodd's Tim Tagaris & Matt Browner-Hamlin. Last week, they promised me that they would be in touch shortly, look:

'Thanks for contacting us about your blog and the Dodd campaign. We will be
in touch shortly.

Best,
Tim Tagaris & Matt Browner-Hamlin'

Then, at 4:30 on Wednesday, Tim sends me this bullshit:

'Dear Johnny,

Last week, we asked about your ideas for future e-campaign initiatives.

Overwhelmingly, you wanted to see "more live video chats with Senator Dodd."

O.K.... Done.

Join us today at 5 P.M. Eastern as Senator Dodd talks about "Answering a New Call" -- his national service plan -- and participates in a live Q & A with you and supporters across the country...

Tim Tagaris
Chris Dodd for President'

Hey Tim,

First of all, I don't remember anyone asking about my ideas for future e-campaign initiatives, so I think you must think I am someone else. If anyone had asked me, I would actually have said 'more live video chats with Senator Dodd' or blasting YouTube with videos of hot naked chicks reading Chris Dodd's platform -- one issue at a time. The hotter the chick, the better.

I'm kinda glad y'all went with the first one. I didn't think about how the second one would play with soccer moms.

Anyway, I got all kinds of questions for Senator Dodd and I can make most of them be about national service if I have to, but you gotta give me more than a half hour's notice. Or, are you just fucking with me?

If so, you got me. Cool?!?

Next time I have an opportunity to ask the esteemed Senator anything having to do with anything, please let me know a little farther ahead of time.

Thanks and let's win this thing,
Johnny